Since we received so much positive feedback for our award-winning "Donor-Feedback" feature, we thought about how we could make it even better. In the following article, we want to show you the innovations that we came up with.
But before we start let´s have a little look ahead on what's to come:
- Compliments: to ensure that fundraisers receive way more individual feedback we implemented the possibility for donors to give additional compliments
- Invitation via SMS: the donors now receive the link to the feedback page via SMS and not only via mail as it was before
- Higher feedback rate: not only do donors get the link via SMS but they will also receive a reminder to fill out the survey on the next day
- Better self-evaluation: Fundraisers now have an easier way to see their strengths by receiving more individualized feedback and read comments that donors have written for them
- Feedback-Evaluation: coaches receive a new tool in the cockpit to display and analyze the feedbacks of their fundraiser
With our previous donor feedback, you simply received a star-rating by donors that clicked on the link they got sent via e-mail. Even though this was a great way to gather feedback for your work, it lacked the individual touch that can give you the motivation for your job. That's why we came up with ways to give your performance a better representation and help you focus on your individual strength and talents.
So with our new feature donors will get the chance to not only give you a star-rating, but also various compliments for you that they can choose from. Additionally, they can type a personal comment for you at the end of each feedback survey.
These comments are particularly interesting, as they are the most direct and personal way for donors to let you know how they experienced your conversation with them. They will first be displayed in the cockpit area of our app where coaches and admins can review them. If you want you can make them for fundraisers in their dashboard.
So how does our new feature actually work? After donors signed up for your campaign they will receive a message at 8 pm on the same day. In this message (either SMS or email) they will find the link that leads to your feedback survey page.
If you sign up someone after 8 pm, they will receive their feedback message at 8 pm the following day.
Also if they don´t fill out the survey, there will be a reminder sent out at 8 pm on the next day.
Since SMS were observed to have an open rate of 98%, we decided to make this our default way of communicating with the donors. So when you fill out both the mobile number and the e-mail address on the form, an SMS rather than an e-mail will be sent.
To make it more comprehensible we summarized the process in the following steps.
1. The donor receives a message in the evening
As already mentioned the link to the feedback survey now will be sent out at 8 pm and not (as it was before) only in the welcome-mail. The idea behind this is that we want to ensure that donors can take their time and actually think about the feedback they are giving. This way we want to ensure that donors give more honest feedback.
To welcome the donors with something they already know, the header image of the survey page will be the header image of the summary page on the tablet form. In addition, the profile picture of the fundraiser is also displayed in the survey.
The design of the feedback mail will be freely customizable, as well as the text of the feedback SMS with a limit of 160 characters.
In the SMS will be a short text and a link that leads to the page of the feedback survey.
Here they will have the chance to give you a star-rating, compliments and the already mentioned comments.
After they filled out the survey the given feedback remains visible on the page as a summary and confirms that the feedback was sent successfully.
As already mentioned we will be able to freely customize the template of the e-mail. Here we also have the option to give the link a more appealing look, like we did in the video where we linked the picture of the stars to lead to the feedback survey.
2.The feedback is displayed in the activity stream of the cockpit
After the donors filled out the survey it will be displayed in the activity stream of your cockpit.
Each feedback will be displayed as an individual event in this activity stream that will show you the star-rating, the compliments and also the comment of each feedback.
Another interesting aspect of our new feature is the Feedback Evaluation in the cockpit. With this, coaches gain a powerful tool to analyze the feedbacks of their fundraiser and rendering their achievements more tangible.
All feedback ratings can be found here and are displayed in the following categories:
- Average Rating: The average star-rating out of the total feedbacks a fundraiser has received
- Feedback Given: How many donors gave feedback after they got signed up
- Most given compliment: The compliment most frequently given to the fundraiser
- Comments: Every comment that a fundraiser receives will be taken into account. Since coaches can decide which comments a fundraiser should be able to read, there are 3 different categories:
- Open: Comments that haven´t been reviewed yet and are not shown to fundraisers
- Approved: Comments that have been reviewed and are shown to fundraisers
- Rejected: Comments that have been reviewed and are not displayed to fundraisers
- Feedback Overall: The cumulated number of feedback ratings a fundraiser received
- Compliments Overall: The total amount of compliments that a fundraiser received, listed by frequency
- Activity Stream: The feedback section of the activity stream is also shown here to have a quick chronological overview of the feedbacks given to the fundraiser.
As you can see the new feedback feature doesn´t only provide cool new possibilities for donors but also offers fundraisers a strong tool to gain motivation and focus on their individual strengths.
If you are interested in our new donor feedback just contact our Customer Care Team by clicking on the picture below!