At a glance
We introduce the core concepts of our web application and then get you on your way to configuring and going live with your campaign.
If you have any further questions along the way, please do not hesitate to write us at email@example.com. We are happy to answer all your questions.
Who can benefit from the quick start guide?
If you're new to formunauts.com and want a quick overview of the important steps in our backend, this quick start guide is for you. The steps explained in this article can only be performed by the 'Customer Admin'
Step 1: The log-in
- Please go to the page: app.formunauts.com/admin
- We provided you with your account credentials already. Log in with your username & password.
- Welcome to the backend of the app.formunauts.com!
Now you have access to all the functionality, that ensures smooth fundraiser management. But don't worry, we will show you around step by step.
Step 2: Create a new password
Safety first, please reset the password that we provided and create your own after your first log-in.
- To change your password, click on your username at the top right corner of the screen. Select the menu entry 'Change password'
- You can now enter the old password and then enter a new one.
We recommend you use at least 10 characters, including at least 1 special character, 1 capital letter, and a number.
- After you entered your new password again, you can save your changes by clicking the button 'Save my password'.
- If you see the green message at the top of the screen, your password got changed successfully and we are ready to go! Click 'Home' in the menu bar and you get back to the starting point.
Step 3: Create locations
If you are using our 'Location Feature', the first thing that you need to configure is the locations for your campaigns.
- Look for the section 'Location' and click on the menu entry 'Location'.
- You are now in the location overview. At the top right corner of the screen, you can see a button 'Add location'. Click it to store your first location.
- You are asked to enter a code (might be useful as an internal reference, the code is also transferred via API) and a name (this will be shown to the fundraisers in the frontend) of your location. After you entered the information you can now save your location via the button 'save and add another'. You can easily repeat this until you added all your locations. For the last one, it is enough to click on 'Save' only. If you have a list of locations already in an xlsx-file, our development team can also bulk edit the locations for you.
- If you see the green message at the top of the screen, your location was saved successfully. Click 'Home' in the menu bar and you get back to the starting point.
Step 4: Create work shifts
We will now create the work shifts for all your teams.
- Please go to the section 'Settings' and click on the menu entry 'Work shifts'
- You are now at the work shift overview and can add your first shift by clicking the button 'Add work shift' at the top right corner of the screen.
- Please provide a label for your shift. This text will be displayed later in the process when you assign the work shifts to the fundraisers. You can also provide a unit for the work shift via the weight field, which comes in handy for the statistics. The different work shifts will be allocated depending on the different units and thus guarantee unaltered results (see Example 'weight' below). Furthermore, you can add the start & end time for the different shifts.
If you entered the information you can now save your work shift via the 'save and add another'. You can easily repeat this until you added all your work shifts.
- If you see the green message at the top of the screen, your work shift was saved successfully. Click 'Home' in the menu bar and you get back to the starting point.
A part-time shift at the company x lasts 6 hours, a full-time shift 10 hours. Therefore the part-time shift is not quite half of the full-time shift but makes 60% of it. This is why the company x adds the unit via the text field weight of 0.6 to the part-time shift and to the full-time shift a weight of 1. This is how the average of donors is calculated correctly independent from the units.
Note: Please use a '.' instead of a comma, when you provide a value at the weight field.
If you want to know more about this feature you can also have a look at our help article 'Work Shifts'.
Step 5: Create Fundraiser Accounts
Now we add our first fundraisers to your account. Every employee needs an individual fundraiser account. With this account, the fundraisers get access to the campaigns and their performance data. It is important to mention that a fundraiser account cannot be deleted, because it would have an impact on the team statistics, donations etc. that are related to it, this is why you can only 'activate/deactivate' the accounts.
- To add a fundraiser account go to the section 'HR Management' and click on the entry 'Fundraisers'
- You are now at the fundraiser account overview and can add a fundraiser account by clicking on the button at the top right corner 'Add fundraiser' of the screen.
- You can now enter all the personal data of the fundraiser. It is important that you add the email address of the fundraiser because he/she will get a generated password sent to this address after you save the account. If you did not provide an email address, the password cannot be delivered and you need to create a standard password for the fundraiser and send the login credentials manually later on.
The status sections allow you to give the fundraiser special roles, like 'Team Leader' or 'Coach'. If the fundraiser gave his consent to save his/her data while his/her absence you can also tick the checkbox to pseudonymise the data.
You can skip the section 'Other' because the language is regulated by your customer account.
If you entered the information you can now save the fundraiser account via the 'save and add another'. You can easily repeat this until you added all your fundraisers.
- If you see the green message at the top of the screen, your fundraiser was saved successfully. Click 'Fundraisers' in the menu bar and you will get back to the overview of your fundraisers. You can activate/deactivate the accounts by ticking the checkbox at the 'Is active' column in the table, as well as select, unselect roles for the accounts later on.
Note: You have to save the changes that you made by clicking 'Save' at the bottom right corner of the page. Click 'Home' in the menu bar and you get back to the starting point.
If you want to know more about this feature you can also have a look at our help article 'HR-Management Fundraisers'.
Step 6: Create teams
This step explains how you can create teams.
- Please have a look at the section 'HR Management' and click the menu entry 'Teams'. You are now on the team overview page. Add a team through the button at the top right corner 'Add team'
First, select the campaign you want the team to be assigned to.
You can then proceed by stating the team leader (this can also be skipped).
Select the coach to support your team and allow him to view the teams' stats. A coach can be applied to multiple teams and sees all stats of all teams he is assigned to. Coaches are the only users that do not need an active work shift to access a donation campaign so they can signup a new donor with all teams they might support.
Please note that if a coach has no work shifts applied, his donations do not count to the statistics so the team stats do not get falsified from a good supporting coach. His donations are saved to "unfinished donations" and can be assigned later.
- If you selected a team leader, the team name got prefilled, you can, of course, change this and choose an individual one if you want.
The type of the team defines if a team is a door-to-door, info booth, events, or a private site campaign.
Select the time frame the team should be active for. We recommend creating the teams based on the key performance indicators, to avoid clustering of the team statistics later on. If you work with statistics on a weekly basis, the team should be created for the same period.
With the field tag, you can provide keywords for the team. Enter your desired tag and add a ',' comma behind it. For every team, individual goals can be stated.
You can define a goal per team.
Assistant Coaches can see the team statistics and have access to the campaign that is assigned to the team but they are not shown on the reports. You can also read more about that topic in our help article 'User accounts'
- At the section Fundraiser work shift, you can now assign the fundraisers and give them their individual work shift. You can repeat that process until you have entered all the fundraisers to your team. Save your entered information via the button 'Add and continue editing'. You can access the overview of all your teams via the menu bar 'Teams'.
Note: The Team Leader also needs a work shift, without it he/she cannot access the campaign, that is assigned to the team. By clicking on the thumbnail on the team entry you can access the team details again and make modifications to the team.
- After the team is saved the first time you can allocate the previously defined locations. After the locations are selected, the fundraiser can choose a location from your provided list at the campaign. You can also prolong the work shifts for the team via the checkbox 'Prolong work shifts automatically'. With this setting, the work shifts will be automatically generated after each day. Above the Fundraiser work shifts, you also see a button 'Take from previous day', where you can manually prolong the work shifts.
- After you made your modifications click the button 'Save' at the bottom right corner of the screen.
If you want to know more about this feature you can also have a look at our help article 'Team Setup'.
Follow-up links & references