Ever since the Formunauts were founded, data security has always been a key concern of ours to keep your and your donors' data safe.
The key points about data security in the Formunauts app:
- The data only remains on the tablet until it is uploaded to our servers. Since the tablets are online most of the time, this means no more than a few seconds.
- If donations are signed up offline, data is temporarily stored in the browser cache of the tablet. When you go online again, the data sets are uploaded automatically and deleted from the browser cache.
- Until the data is exported to the charities, they are stored in the Formunauts database, which is hosted on the servers of Amazon Web Services in Frankfurt (Germany).
- By exporting the records to the charity, a process is triggered that automatically anonymizes the records after 30 days, thus erasing all personal data irretrievably from the Formunauts database.
- All data is stored and transferred using 256-bit SSL encryption. This is state of the art encryption technology, which is also used, for example, in online banking.
- Since we are based in Vienna (Austria), we are subject to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which has been in effect since 25 May 2018. All our processes - from the moment of data acquisition to the transfer to the charity - are therefore of course GDPR compliant.
If you need more information, please read up further on our more technically detailed data security documentation