Why are they called "Online" Payment Methods?
Online payment methods require an internet connection to initiate a payment. Credit card data is never stored offline! This applies to the end devices of the fundraisers as well as to the end devices of the donors (ApplePay, GooglePay, PaymentLink). If donors are not online, a link (and reminder messages) can be sent to allow the dataset to be completed afterwards. In the UK, all of our Marketplace campaigns run exclusively through online payment methods and there are no relevant issues due to lack of internet connection.
Why offer online payment methods like credit card/ApplePay and others at all?
- Donors have more opportunities to provide their support. This increases not only the chances of winning a person, but also the satisfaction of each supporter.
- The booking is done directly. This means that monthly bookings are often 1, or sometimes even 2, bookings more than with SEPA direct debit. Concrete example: If I win a person on the 30th of a month as a donor, the first contribution is booked only in the next month. With online payment methods, this happens directly on the 30th of the current month and the second donation will already be made in the following month.
- No-shows decrease to a few percent. In our experience, it is only around 2% of the first payment which either fails or has to be charged back.
- The confirmation of the donation is done on the donors' devices, another quality assurance measure.
- For campaigns conducted in Switzerland, this payment method eliminates the need for a printer.
- We see a trend in our campaigns in the UK that the follow-up realization is also better than with SEPA collections.
Do online payment methods like credit card/ApplePay work for regular donations?
Yes, we can use all the usual payment intervals: one-time, monthly, quarterly, semi-annually and annually with these payment methods.
But don't the cards expire?
Yes, credit cards continue to expire. However, the new card information is now often passed on. This means that charges can continue to be made seamlessly. At least 70% of the following card types should be updated in Europe, and the trend is rising: Visa, Mastercard, Discovery and AmeX. Our experience from the UK shows that in practice it is over 90%. Other banks like Diners, JCB and others are currently not covered by this. However, these only account for less than 10% of the cards issued.
In addition, with ApplePay and GooglePay, the cards are continuously updated by the donor.
IMPORTANT: We can not give any guarantee regarding the update of the cards, because this is done by the payment service providers and DACH area has not yet been tested in practice!
Do enough people even have a card that can be used for this?
Meanwhile, most EC/bank cards, are also debit cards, so almost all people have the opportunity to donate in this way. Furthermore, wallets such as ApplePay/GooglePay, etc. are becoming more and more widespread.
What is PCI DSS?
PCI DSS stands for Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard. PCI DSS defines the requirements for all parties involved in the credit card transaction process. The goal is to securely process cardholder data in credit card transactions to prevent fraud and data breaches. The good news is that Formunauts, as well as RaiseNow and STRIPE, are PCI DSS certified, minimizing the burden on fundraisers, agencies and organizations.
What do fundraisers need to do to be PCI DSS compliant?
Fundraisers who work on a campaign that processes credit card data must complete a PCI Awareness Training. This training is provided free of charge and is mandatory in the system.
What do organizations need to do to be PCI DSS compliant?
The organization (merchant) must ensure that all fundraisers have done a PCI Awareness Training. This training is provided by us and must be made mandatory in order to access the form. In addition, the acquirer (STRIPE) may be required to complete a short questionnaire. Formunauts, RaiseNow and STRIPE are PCI DSS certified, so this questionnaire (SAQ-A) only includes around 10 questions instead of over 300 questions when using our payment link. If you use online payment methods on your website, you have already solved this issue anyway.
With SEPA, a pre-notification must be sent, does this also exist for online payment methods?
As with your Netflix or Spotify subscription, such a notification is not required as far as we know. Of course, all donors will continue to receive an email with confirmation of the donation amount, payment interval and start of the direct debit.
What do I need to use online payment methods?
- STRIPE Account - STRIPE offers the best Cardupdating service compared to other providers, which is especially important for regular donors. https://stripe.com/en-at
- RaiseNow contract - RaiseNow is Europe's largest payment specialist for donation organizations and a strategic partner of Formunauts as well as STRIPE https://stripe.com/partners/directory/raisenow. Through this integration we can seamlessly integrate not only STRIPE but also PayPal and other payment methods (eg: Twint) in the future.
- Trainingcenter Subscription - In order to be PCI DSS compliant, we, as well as all other parties, must ensure that each fundraiser has taken PCI Awareness Training. This training is built into our training software and must be passed, before access to the form is granted.
- Payment-Link Subscription - In order to be able to complete the payments PCI DSS compliant on the end device of the donor, you need a Payment-Link Subscription. This is also necessary for payment methods such as ApplePay, GooglePay or PayPal in the future.
How long does it take until I can start?
Assuming the contracts are signed promptly, a start can be made within 2-4 weeks.
Where are the credit card details stored?
The credit card data is tokenized and stored in STRIPE, no one has access to the credit card numbers etc.. This prevents fraud and avoids large regulatory efforts.
How do I get the data into my CRM?
The data of the donors as well as the information which payment method was chosen can still be collected via our system. Payment information is always available for download via the RaiseNow Hub or via webhooks. Our Customer Care Team will be happy to help you find the best solution.
What are the costs?
You will need the following services to set up online payment methods:
- Payment link (EUR 159.- per month)
- Training center (EUR 199.- per month)
- Training and consulting (approx. 6 hours)
- Setting up and testing of the payment method (approx. 4 hours)
RaiseNow - Formunauts Connect
- 2,5% per transaction
- Approx. 1.5% + 0.20 per transaction (no guarantee. actual values must be agreed between merchant (organization) and STRIPE)
What is the advantage of online payment methods over mPOS devices?
Online payment methods can be used without additional hardware. This eliminates the cost and effort of acquiring and maintaining the devices. In addition, regular donations via ApplePay/GooglePay cannot be initiated via mPOS devices. Therefore, we have decided to stop supporting mPOS devices in order to fully focus on the integration of online payment methods.
How can I refund or cancel payments?
Subscriptions can be viewed and handled by you via the RaiseNow Hub. This includes refunds, changes to the contribution amount and stopping the regular donation. In addition, it is possible to use RaiseNow's Salesforce integration to make changes directly in Salesforce.
For more information please contact our Customer Care Team: firstname.lastname@example.org
Together we can make tomorrow´s campaigns happen today!